Eggheads are simple and fun, use a fast growing seed like cress, alfalfa or even radish to get a quick result the kids will love.
What you need:
- Cleaned egg shells, 3/4 intact with just the tops taken off*.
- Textas or stickers for creating faces for your eggheads
- Cotton wool
- Cress/alfalfa/mustard seeds
- Draw or stick faces onto your eggshells. (Gently)
- Place into egg cups to make preparation easier.
- Place cotton wool inside, to about half way, and soak with water.
- Cover with a few teaspoons of seed, be generous.
- Remember to water everyday, keep in a bright spot, but not in direct sunlight as it will dry out quickly.
You can trim the hair (and add to salads, sandwiches, or omelettes
Instead of using egg cups, you can keep the craft activity going by making a body for your egghead from an egg carton compartment, and make some nice big feet out of coloured paddle pop sticks or pieces of cardboard.
*We use the shells leftover from a yummy breakfast of soft boiled egg and bread, just make sure you have scooped out all the egg, and rinse out with hot water if needed.
Leave a Reply