Designing your Kitchen Garden
Kitchen gardening has been growing at a phenomenal rate over the past few years. Many people are discovering that planning and planting a kitchen garden is a rewarding and satisfying experience. Families value it as a way to help their children make healthy eating choices and enjoy the outdoors. Lengthy waiting lists for allotments are evidence of the resurgence of interest in growing your own fresh food – a trend that seems to have been boosted by celebrity-chef endorsements of sourcing fresh produce.
Growing a vegetable garden just got even easier with the new version of GrowVeg.com‘s highly-acclaimed Kitchen Garden Planner software.
Growing your own vegetables is not always as easy as people imagine. Not only do plants have to be spaced correctly but to achieve the best results they should be ‘rotated’ to different places each year to prevent the depletion of nutrients in the soil and build up of pests. The online Garden Planner at GrowVeg.com makes this simple with its unique colour-coded system showing the spacing and plant family for each crop. The software remembers where plants were located in previous years and advises on where they should be placed the following year.
The new version further extends GrowVeg.com‘s position as the best planner available. Some of the many new features are:
* Succession Planting: the software makes it easy to get more than one crop from a single area of ground, maximising the harvest
* Track Varieties: system can track different varieties of plants which users can customise
* Garden Journal: gardeners can add notes on how each plant performed to learn from mistakes and successes
* Intuitive Interface: rows and blocks of plants can easily be added and vegetable beds can be copied and pasted to new locations
* Built-in Tutorials: within the software show how to use the many powerful features
The Garden Planner adapts to locations around the world and gives recommended planting dates, together with a detailed list of how many plants will fit into the area. In addition, it sends out personalised email reminders twice a month of what to plant in the garden from the current year’s plans.
With all these features it is easy to see why GrowVeg.com has rapidly grown to become the world’s most popular online vegetable garden planner with well over 30,000 people using it to plan their gardens.
GrowVeg.com offer a free 30-day trial of the Garden Planner- for details just visit GrowVeg.com